Last night I had no idea what to make for dinner. I had a bunch of food in the house, but nothing that was ready to make into a meal. Or so I thought...
I decided to make an experimental casserole with random stuff...and it turned out really delish!
The stamp of approval was when my husband ate half of the tray when he came home from work. He told me it was great comfort food after a long day at work. Extra Good Wife Points for me, yay ;)
It's cheesy, creamy, filled with flavor, green veggies and protein. What more could you ask for? Whip this up for the holidays, and you're sure to please your guests!
- 1 box/pound of noodles (I used Ronzoni Cavatappi)
- 1 package of ground turkey meat (I used Jenny-O Extra Lean)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup broccoli
-1 medium onion, diced
-1 cup mayonnaise
- 16oz shredded cheddar cheese
-grated Parmesan cheese (enough to cover casserole)
-seasonings (black pepper, garlic salt, cayenne pepper - to taste)
Here's how ya do it:
**Preheat oven to 350**
1. In a large pot cook noodles according to the package directions on stove top. Drain and set aside.
2. In another pot (or the microwave, totally up to you), steam the broccoli, and set aside.
3. While the noodles and broccoli are cooking, drizzle olive oil in a large frying pan, and cook together the ground turkey meat and onion. Add some black pepper, a pinch of garlic salt, and a dash of cayenne pepper to taste.
3. When the turkey and onions are nearly done cooking, add in the spinach and mix in until it's fully cooked, too.
4. In a large bowl, combine the turkey/onion/spinach mixture with the noodles and broccoli. Mix in your mayonnaise and 8oz of shredded cheddar cheese (save the other 8oz for the top of the casserole.)
5. Spread the mixed food into a large, greased casserole pan.
6. Sprinkle on one layer of grated parmesan cheese. Then, sprinkle the remaining 8oz of shredded cheddar cheese on top.
7. Pop the finished dish into the hot oven for 10 minutes. Carefully remove and serve the heavenly ooey-gooey-ness to your guests...try not to eat it all first :)
If you are new to my blog, please follow me on the social media of your preference to stay connected for the latest blog posts and updates! :)